Honey Whole Wheat Bran Muffins
Start your day off right with the goodness of whole wheat flour and bran sweetened with honey. Plump raisins add to the wholesome goodness of these muffins. Great for breakfast, brunch or snack! These are easy to pack for on-the-go.
1 1/2 c. wheat bran
1 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. raisins
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. unsweetened applesauce
1 c. 2% milk
1/4 c. honey
1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (wheat bran, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and raisins).
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix the wet ingredients until fully combined (applesauce, milk, eggs, honey, and vanilla extract).
- Pour wet mix into dry mix and stir until fully incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into the 12 muffin cups, filling each to just under the brim.
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from oven and let them cool in the pan for several minutes before removing the muffins to cool completely on a wire rack.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.