Chewy Protein Honey Oat Bars
These oat bars are great to grab on the go. They're perfect for a mid-afternoon or pre-workout snack. With just a 1/4 cup of honey, they're sweetened just enough to satisfy that sweet tooth, but without the guilt.
2 cups rolled oats1/2 cup vanilla protein powder 2 Tbsp. ground flax1 tsp. cinnamon1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup almond butter
1/4 cup Stakich Liquid Honey
1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup dried currants
1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
*Feel free to experiment with the additions to satisfy whatever your taste buds desire (i.e. cocoa nibs, raisins, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (oats, protein powder, flax, cinnamon, and salt).
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix the wet ingredients until fully combined (almond butter, honey, almond milk, and vanilla).
- Pour wet mix into dry mix and stir until fully incorporated. Fold in currants.
- Pour mixture into baking pan and spread the mixture evenly in the pan, pressing down firmly. Sprinkle shredded coconut over the top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until edges begin to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 20 minutes before cutting into bars.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.